Matthew 25:38-40

"When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? And the King will answer and say to them, 'Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me'."

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Home again

3:00 AM...wake up! It was time to head to the airport. The team did a great job packing and preparing for the trip home and getting on the bus on time this morning. Sitting here in Connecticut, I cannot believe that 24 hours ago we were hanging out in the Herrmann's home in Quito reflecting on the week and anticipating saying our goodbyes to Ecuador and all of our new friends. We have been home only a few hours and already have looked through our pictures multiple times, commented on how thick the air feels, swatted at multiple bugs, and agreed that there is much to miss about Ecuador. The bottom line being this...relationship...with our team members, with the Herrmanns and all those we worked alongside this week, and with those beautiful children. We saw first hand this week that even in the bleakest of circumstances, joy and peace can be found in a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ. Thank you for sharing this journey with us. As they say in Ecuador, "Chao"!

2 comments:

  1. Dear friends at GBC,

    It was a joy to work along with you this past week in Ecuador! Thank you so much for welcoming me as part of your team and treating me as one of your own. I have Rachels email and will send her my pictures once I return to the States so that she can share them with you. If you are ever in NC or Grove City, please look me up, but if we never meet again, I look forward to reuniting with you in heaven...where we will all speak Spanish!

    Love in Christ,
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. In reading the blogs I often had to wipe a tear from my face. Tears of joy. Well done team! It is amazing how blind we are to the rest of the world stuck here in our comfortable lives. Not that I am sorry for what I have, I am grateful but when put in perspective to what other people need on a daily basis it makes all my so called wants and needs very trivial. I am glad it was a successful and rewarding trip. Helping another person especially a child is absolutely awesome. Thank you for sharing your journey with us.
    Shawn

    ReplyDelete