Matthew 25:38-40

"When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? And the King will answer and say to them, 'Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me'."

Friday, July 10, 2009

The Final Day

Hola,
Today was definately the most bitter-sweet day of the week. This morning we traveled to the equator where we strattled the Northern and Southern hemishperes and did the kick-line while standing on the Equator(with Mr. Murphy directing it all). After our fun jumping hemispheres we went to a little shop that gave us great deals on handmade clothing, jewelry and more. After eating some empandas and 80 cent ice cream, we made our way to the market. I am not much of a shopper but if I lived in Ecuador I think I would turn into a shopaholic. The vendors would give you one price and then after some bartering you could buy whatever the item was for about half the price, it was simply amazing...good thing I do not have a credit card. After spending almost two hours at the market, we headed back to the Herrmanns, however first making a special stop. We picked up twelve kids (10 of whom GBC will sponsor) and brought them back to the house. Before heading out to dinner we played some soccer,taught them how to play pool, made balloons and painted some of the kids faces. Then came the most exciting part of the night, going out to dinner. Katty told us that most of these kids had never been to a real restaurant before (besides the makshift vendors on the street). Almost every kid ate their entire dish, plus the leftovers of those who had not finished theirs. One little 6 year old boy named Jorge ate his entire dish of pollo (chicken) and two slices of pizza. Three kids fell asleep on the ride home and it was very sad to have to let them go back to their families. Yet the two hours we had to spend with them was some of the most fun I had all week. I am sorry to let everybody know that I really do not want to come home and that Quito, Ecuador has a special place in my heart. After spending two weeks away from home (last week spent at FCA camp) I have to say that I would still rather stay here. Yet I know God has a plan and maybe that entails going back to Quito or maybe an even better place is in store for me.

I just ask everybody to pray for us as we travel home tomorrow (our flight leaving Ecuador at 5 55 tomorrow morning), meaning an extremely early wake-up and I believe somebody said Sail Fest was tomorrow...so hopefully we do not hit that traffic.
Hasta luego,
Molly G.

No comments:

Post a Comment