Matthew 25:38-40

"When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? And the King will answer and say to them, 'Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me'."

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Free At Last y Pepito


Our ¨Free Mike G¨ campaign ended today with excellent news! Katty and Hermelinda went to the customs office and stayed until they were given Mike´s passport. They met us outside the church at the end of the day with the good news. Thank you for all of your prayers. Here is a picture of Mike with Katty (left) and Hermelinda (right) who went way above and beyond in their determination to solve this issue. Susannah from customs was a wonderful advocate...we are thankful for her.

One little guy we met today is named Pepito. He is about 3 years old and his excitement over getting his new shoes was so evident. He could not sit still in his chair while Mike scrubbed and treated his little feet. Pepito´s smile was bigger than any I saw all day despite coming in such a small package. He about leaped out of his chair to give Mike a hug once his feet were cleaned and his new shoes were on. I think I saw him float on air as he pranced away.

The days come and go and at the end of the day I find it hard to put into words the experience we are having. The depth of relationships here amazes me...people have so little and yet they are so rich in their love for one another. They are quick to give away hugs because that is all they have to give. And they receive what we have to give with such joy. One little girl today gave me the longest hug I´ve ever had and she whispered ¨gracias¨ in my ear. And I am sending that ¨gracias¨to you as well because I am just delivering what you have provided.

No comments:

Post a Comment